- As a fellow working mommy put it, “It’s like having an out of body experience.” You’re there, wearing nice clothes, going through the motions, but deep down you can’t figure out why you’re not in holey yoga pants and changing poopy diapers.
- Breastpumping is infinitely easier with one of these bad boys. Sorry if that made you squeamish, but for a nursing mommy, that thing is life-changing.
- Remembering how to do your job again is kind of like remembering how to ride a bike–a very rusty bike.
- It gets harder before it gets easier. You know the problem with making it through the first day back? You still have to go back the next day.
- The hardest part is not working, it’s coming home. The adjustment from one kid to two is a tough one, and returning to work feels like you’re making the same adjustment all over again. How do you fill up both of their love tanks in just a few short hours each evening? But God is gracious, and we’ll adjust as we did before. I’m resolved to give it two weeks before I give in to the feelings of hopelessness and incompetence.
Five observations from my first day back at work