I have a confession to make. A certain new habit is getting a tad out of hand. It involves a membership to a wholesale club that goes by the name of Sam’s. Oh Sam’s, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
1. Cheesecake: Pumpkin, turtle, plain–so many delicious, fattening dessert options.
2. Low prices on meat
3. Prepackaged foods that make it easy to pack lunches
4. My favorite cheese: Cabot 50% reduced fat white cheddar. It’s the only store I’ve found that carries it.
6. Giant boxes of soft pretzels. Carnival food right in your very own freezer!
7. Lots of pre-made meal options, for the nights when cooking is just not going to happen. Sam’s has saved us from eating out too often.
8. Did I mention the cheesecake?
Our fridge, freezer, and pantry have gone into bulk overload. Seriously, though, Sam’s is a lifesaver. Here’s how our weeknights used to go down: We’d spend all day at work, get home right at dinner time, and we didn’t want to spend precious family time fixing meals. We ended up buying a lot of takeout, so we could have more time with the kiddos. Now we have a Sam’s membership, and we’ve essentially brought the takeout to us. But lest you think I never cook, I did come home from my last Sam’s trip with seven pounds of chuck roast. Pot roast, anyone?